2018 marks the 68th Annual Conference for the New Jersey Association of Counties (NJAC)! Our celebration of county government is held annually at Caesar’s in Atlantic City. It brings together over 500 elected and appointed government officials and business leaders to focus on issues that impact our counties and residents within the Garden State of New Jersey.
Registered attendees have the opportunity to participate in second to none educational seminars, approved for continuing education credits, and interact with county and State government officials that make New Jersey great! Some of this year’s seminars will provide our attendees with information on New Jersey’s pension crisis, interest arbitration, information technology, economic development, ethics, county governance, purchasing process with county government, opioid crisis and business issues of New Jersey. These are just a few seminar topics offered that you will want to attend!
Our agenda for 2018 has a few new events!
- NJAC President’s Dessert Reception
- Former New Jersey Governors Briefing – Hear Nick Acoccella moderate this forum on their experiences and the impact of federal and state policy issues.
- NJAC President’s Luncheon and Awards Ceremony with Special Guest – Governor Phil Murphy has been invited to provide keynote remarks to our audience.
Returning events include:
- Meet & Greet Reception w/ DJ entertainment
- Exhibitors Reception w/ DJ entertainment
- Affiliate Group Meetings – i.e., NJ County Jail Wardens Association, NJ Association of County Administrators and Managers, NJ County Welfare Directors Association
- Board of Directors Meetings
- Scholarship Grant Presentations to NJAC Foundation
- County Colleges Acapella Sing-Off
- County Vocational Technical Schools Cook-Off Challenge – the competing schools are from Hunterdon, Camden, Atlantic, Burlington, Gloucester, Middlesex, Monmouth, Ocean, Somerset, Sussex & Warren counties.
- Prize is Right! – stay for the entire conference for a chance to win a spa package, dinner for two, overnight hotel stays, baseball game tickets, gift baskets, gift cards, and other fabulous prizes. Prizes are given after Friday’s awesome County Vocational Technical Schools Cook-Off Challenge.
- Sponsors Showcase – throughout different events during the conference, event sponsors are given an opportunity to be on stage and promote their company
Are you thinking about being a sponsor at the 68th NJAC Annual Conference?
Don’t hesitate! There are many sponsorship opportunities available. Check out and complete the Event Hosting and Ad Journal Advertisement Form and email it to Loren Wizman, NJAC Business Development Director. Corporate and President’s Luncheon sponsors receive one complimentary suite in Caesar’s Ocean Tower for two nights.
As you may already know, NJAC is one of the few organizations that holds a nearly all-inclusive conference. The cost of registration includes:
- Entry into the exhibition hall and seminars
- Continental breakfasts
- Discounted hotel room rates at Caesar’s – Please note there is no form to complete this year as the procedure has changed. Nightly government rate is $99.00 total and nightly non-government rate if $112.14 total including taxes. **In order to receive these rates you must book your room with Caesar’s by Tuesday, April 24th!** For those making online room reservations, click here. If you are a government agency making online room reservations, please be certain that the credit card is authorized for government use; otherwise taxes will be applied. For those paying via purchase order, please follow the reservation procedures.
- 2 p.m. check-out on Friday, May 11th, to the first registered 125 guests.
- $10.00 valet parking coupon for every conference attendee staying at Caesar’s.
- And all the events listed above!
As an exhibitor you receive:
- An 8′ across x 10 ‘ deep carpeted booth
- Two full registrations
- 6′ skirted table
- Two chairs
- One 110v electrical outlet
- One wastebasket
- WiFi access
If you are a government agency exhibiting at our conference you can exhibit at a discounted rate and have two package options. Exhibit Packages A and B include all of the above items but if you take advantage of Package A, then the cost of one hotel room for two nights is included. As a Package A exhibitor, you won’t even have to make your own room reservation – Kim Nolan, NJAC Office Manager, will do that for you! Just reach out to her with details.
Do not submit your registration or sponsorship form via United States Postal Service after April 20th. To ensure you are pre-registered, email or fax your paperwork to Kim Nolan. The last day to pre-register is Friday, May 4th. After May 4th, you must register on-site.
2018 NJAC Annual Conference Forms
- General Conference Schedule of Events
- Registration Form (individual and exhibitor)
- Sponsorship Form
- Hotel Reservation Procedures
- Caesar’s Online Room Reservations
We look forward to seeing you at this year’s 68th NJAC Annual Conference, and thank you for helping us make it a success!
Here are some photos from the 2017 NJAC Annual Conference:
A few of our sponsors during the Showcase
Investors Bank and NJM Insurance Group presenting generous checks to the NJAC Foundation, which donates the monies to graduating students of NJ County Vocational Technical Schools
Acapella Groups from Cumberland and Union Counties, who performed during the Thursday evening Exhibitors Reception
NJAC County Vocational Technical Schools Cook-Off Challenge – the talented students, scrumptious appetizers, and conference attendees that enjoyed the delectable creations
Meet the 2017 Gubernatorial Candidates of Phil Murphy and Assemblyman Jack Ciattarelli along with two (John Mooney and Max Pizarro) from the Reporters Roundtable
Recipients of the County Service Awards, Peter S. Palmer Business Associate of the Year Award, and special recognition to our very special Somerset County Freeholder Peter S. Palmer
Some of the fabulous exhibitors and sponsors that helped make the 67th NJAC Annual Celebration of County Government so successful
Conference attendees networking and mingling