Drug overdose is the leading cause of accidental deaths in New Jersey. While New Jersey does not have the worst rate of opioid overdoses in the nation, New Jersey is at the forefront of combating the epidemic.
The New Jersey Association of Counties (NJAC) is hosting an educational and informative Summit on December 8, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Trenton Country Club located at 201 Sullivan Way in West Trenton. There are two panel discussions which will be moderated by Eric Scott of Townsquare Media & NJ 101.5. The first set of panelists will examine the State’s alarming opioid epidemic and present viable strategies for combating this public health crisis. Additionally, the second set of panelists will discuss resources for recovery and recommend new approaches for providing vital support to those in need. Governor Chris Christie has been invited to speak during the luncheon. Click here to review the day’s agenda.
The list of panelists are:
- Frederic Knapp, Esq., Morris County Prosecutor
- Shaun Golden, Monmouth County Sheriff
- Juan Colon, New Jersey State Police Major
- Dr. Jim Baird, Jefferson Washington Township Hospital & Rowan University Emergency Medicine Physician
- Louise Habicht, Parent-to-Parent Founder
- Honorable Louis Cappelli, Jr., Camden County Freeholder Director
- Angelo Valente, Partnership for a Drug Free NJ Executive Director
- Lisa Gladwell, Esq., NJ Recovery Advocates Founder and Chairperson
- Michael Litterer, RWJBarnabas Health Institute of Prevention Director
- Dr. Michael W. Shore, Malvern Institute Recovery Center – Medication Assistance Recovery Program Director
Sponsorship and vendor opportunities as well as individual registrations are available for businesses. Networking opportunities are available for both businesses and local government officials. For the first time, and given the magnitude of the problem, NJAC has waived the registration fee for county government officials and employees. Registration is required due to limited available space. Included with your registration is a continental breakfast, luncheon, and interaction with the panelists and keynote speaker.
Sponsorship, vendor applications, and registrations must be submitted to Kim Nolan, Office Manager, via email email@example.com or faxed to (609) 989-8567 no later than Friday, December 1st. Table top displays are now sold out! There are only a few other sponsorship opportunities available – call today!
Note that the Trenton Country Club has a dress code policy and specifies no denim nor sneakers. Please dress in business casual attire. Thank you.
Continuing education units have been approved for the following:
- CMFO/CCFO, Office Management and Ancillary subjects; CPWM, Management; RMC, Professional Development; QPA, Office Administration/General Duties; (2 credits) and
- RRPO/S in Management and Supervision (2 credits)
A sign-in sheet will be available for you to print your name and email address in order to receive your CEU’s. Certificates will be available after the luncheon speaker addresses the audience. Certificates will NOT be mailed to you.