Beginning at 11:00 a.m. the 2018 NJAC Reorganization Meeting will take place on Friday, January 26th, in the Senate Chambers of the New Jersey State House.
Hunterdon County Clerk, Mary H. Melfi, who currently serves as NJAC Secretary-Treasurer, will be sworn in as our organization’s 77th President. Honorable Melfi began her third five-year term as Hunterdon County Clerk on January 1, 2017. She has been a resident of the county for over 40 years growing up in Lebanon Borough and now residing in the Borough of Flemington since 1977. Honorable Melfi served on the Borough of Flemington’s Council from 1994 through 2006 and remains active serving as the Emergency Management Coordinator and a member of the Planning Board. She also was one of the first in the County to serve with the Community Dispute Resolution Program as a certified mediator, and is a Past President of the Hunterdon County Municipal Officers Association. Additionally, she is an active 30+ year member of the American Legion Post 159 Ladies Auxiliary and received the Distinguished Service Award from the Hunterdon County Marine Corp League for her support of veterans.
Honorable Melfi is currently serving as the 2nd Vice President on the Board of the Hunterdon County Chamber of Commerce and serves as a Trustee of the 200 Hunterdon Club of Hunterdon County. She has been recognized by the Hunterdon County YMCA, Hunterdon Prevention Resources and SAFE in Hunterdon for her contributions to the community. She was featured on NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt as a Person Making a Difference for her relationship with SAFE in Hunterdon.
She is involved with the Constitutional Officers Association of New Jersey where she served as President from 2009 to 2010 and currently serves as Treasurer, Legislative Liaison and Deputy Section Chief – Clerks Division. Honorable Melfi takes an active interest in new legislation affecting the Clerk’s office and her constituents and will often appear before legislative committees offering testimony.
During our Reorganization Meeting, board members and the following Executive Officers will be sworn in to serve NJAC:
- President Mary H. Melfi, Hunterdon County Clerk
- 1st Vice President Brendan W. Gill, Essex County Freeholder
- 2nd Vice President E. Marie Hayes, Cape May County Freeholder
- Secretary-Treasurer John Cimino, Mercer County Freeholder
- Immediate Past President Heather Simmons, Gloucester County Freeholder
At this meeting, we will also recognize the following 2017 outgoing county officials for their dedication and commitment to public service:
- Atlantic County Freeholder John Carman
- Atlantic County Sheriff Frank Balles
- Burlington County Freeholder Director Bruce Garganio
- Burlington County Freeholder Linda Hughes
- Cape May County Surrogate M. Susan Sheppard
- Cape May County Sheriff Gary Schaeffer
- Cumberland County Freeholder Carman Daddario
- Cumberland County Freeholder Jim Sauro
- Essex County Freeholder Rolando Bobadillo
- Essex County Freeholder Cynthia D. Toro
- Hudson County Freeholder Gerard M. Balmir, Jr.
- Hudson County Clerk Barbara Netchert
- Hunterdon County Freeholder Robert Walton
- Monmouth County Freeholder Gary J. Rich, Sr.
- Monmouth County Freeholder Serena DiMaso, Esq.
- Morris County Freeholder William “Hank” Lyons
- Salem County Freeholder Director Robert J. Vanderslice
- Somerset County Freeholder directorPeter S. Palmer
- Somerset County Clerk Brett Radi
- Union County Freeholder Vernell Wright
- Union County Sheriff Joseph Cryan
- Warren County Clerk Patricia Kolb
Following the ceremony will be a luncheon reception, catered by the Culinary Program staff and students of Hunterdon County Polytech, at the Historic Trenton Masonic Temple.
Congratulations to Mary, Brendan, Marie, John, and Heather!